Monday 16 January 2012

A lovely weekend.

I've had an absolutely lovely weekend, the weather was (and still is) absolutely gorgeous.As I said in my last post, me and the bf went to stay in a hotel on the docks just to get away and chill out for the night. It was lovely, we got there about half 3 and we'd paid a bit extra for a room with a view of the Mersey and so we lay on the bed and watched the sun go down over the river and all the pretty lights start to come on. We also had an excellent view of the Liver building. Even though I've lived in Liverpool for 6 years now, I still going and looking at it like a tourist, there's so many beautiful buildings and places if you just stop and look for a minute. Some of it is overwhelmingly beautiful.

We chilled out in the room for a bit, just watching tv and taking advantage of the facilities, and then we got dressed and decided to go out and treat ourselves so we went to a rather expensive cocktail bar called Alma de Cuba. I've never been before but they had the most amazing concotions, and I treated myself to two, even though I did feel a bit fuzzy headed afterwards. It was lovely to just relax and not have to worry about anything, and I tried desperately to hold onto that feeling when we went for dinner, but the anxiety started to creep in. Overall I think I did pretty well to keep things under control.

The night at the hotel wasn't completely anxiety free also unfortunately. I have no idea why anyone would think it was a good idea, but in the bathroom there was this long wet room which at one end had an amazing rainfall shower (I want one!) but at the other end had a full length mirror. I was pretty horrified and it was so hard to just enjoy the lovely shower, although fortunately the mirror did mist up pretty quickly. The whole room seemed to be so full of mirrors though, probably to make it look bigger but I counted six mirrors in the room, 3 of which were full length. I hate looking at myself at the best of times, and I feel like I've put on so much weight recently, so it felt pretty horrible, but for the most part I managed to avoid catching a look at myself when I wasn't expecting it.

Overall, I did love, love, love this weekend. It was so relaxing, and it was so cold and crisp and lovely. It's below freezing but its crystal clear, I love the weather when it's like this. It's back to reality today, BUT it's my last week in work this week!!! It's really scary, but I know that it'll give me sooooo much more time to focus on myself, and to work so hard on all the things I want to do, to get a little closer to my dream.

On the way to the hotel, smiling weirdly!
 
View from the window as the sun is going down.

Mersey and the Liver building.

Me and the bf watching the sunset, aaawwwww :-)

Lovely sky!

This was meant to be a picture of the room but I was very excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment