Thursday 2 February 2012

The Rainbow Cake (with pictures!)

So I was feeling utterly, utterly devastated yesterday, and today felt like it was going the same way. We made pizza in college and I LOVE pizza. With the things we make we can either take them home or if we don't they get sold in the bakery shop, but usually I just take things with me because I'd be going straight to work and then I just give what I've made to people in work. Without thinking I took all 4 pizzas I'd made with me and then only realised on my way home that I wasn't going to work and that I was taking them home with me, and it's going to be sooooo hard not to binge on them. I know Dave will have one for his supper when he gets in (they're only small individual ones) and I'm toying with trying to have one or half of one for dinner myself, but I'm scared it'll turn into me binging on all 3 of them.

Anyway, on a much brighter side I was massively cheered up when the guy I did the rainbow cake sent me a picture of it cut all the way through and it just looks so good and he said that everyone was so impressed by it that he's sending lots of customers my way and I just felt so proud of myself that I'm actually good at something. I've actually got off my arse and found something that I love doing and that's a lot of hard work, but is producting some really good things. It just lifted my mood a little so I thought I'd post some piccies from start to finish.

P.S. Just a little aside. I have just settled down to a nice relaxing evening in front of the tv and I set reminders for The Biggest Loser, followed by Britain's Next Top Model, followed by The Roux Legacy. I just stopped and realised how massively weight and food focused all of the programmes I enjoy watching are :-S


Funky coloured batter

The colourful offcuts

Layered and buttercreamed

Covered in sugarpaste

Finally finished with edible markers for the writing and a red ribbon

 Cut into!!! Very happy with the result! 

No comments:

Post a Comment